The world is rapidly changing and increasing speed of change. What is important to be in the new world, what to look for and what to spare.
This lecture presented Andrei Sharonov, President of the Moscow School of Management "Skolkovo". Listeners were graduates of the Presidential program of management training. The lecture does not touch directly business management topics, or even in the literal sense of the word, and was dedicated to learning throughout life (life-long learning), working with each other and the outside world, personal effectiveness and was called simply - "I: 2.0".
We live in a world VUCA (an abbreviation of the words volatility - volatility, uncertainty - the uncertainty, complexity - complexity and ambiguity - ambiguity). To describe the state of VUCA, Andrei Sharonov, cited some figures:
— 90% of the information in the world appeared in the last 2 years;
— it is expected that the average life expectancy of children born in 2007 in the United States, Italy, France and Canada, will be 104 years old;
— the cost of storing 1 GB of information has decreased in 1 billion times since 1980;
— the cost of human genome sequencing has dropped 1 100 thousand times;
— 75% of the world population has access to mobile communications, but not all of them have access to clean water;
- 10 years ago did not exist at least 10 trades, which are now among the most sought-after and well-paid (Eg specialist BIG DATA, APP-developer, operator of the drone, and others).
It is easy to notice that the world VUCA associated with the 4th industrial revolution, but it affects not only the economy or national interests, but also of people, each one of us. To be successful in this situation, you need to change.
10 most popular professions of the future and the skills
Our researchers in the "Skolkovo" analyzed data from LinkedIn network and identified the 10 most popular professions. It is important to note that each profession or activity is hybrid in form, for example, they mean the connection with the engine of our intelligence.
In the next picture - 10 skills and competencies that are united by the fact that they all belong to the soft skills, our personal skills, not connected with strict discipline, neither with physics or mathematics, nor with medicine, etc. They are connected with the solution of problems with critical thinking, with creativity, with the ability to resolve conflicts, manage multinational team. This is also a way to check how we meet the expectations of a new era.
School "Skolkovo" and the Agency for Strategic Initiatives even prepared "Atlas of the new professions", Which contains information about those professions that will disappear and vice versa will be in the next 10-15 years.
The presentation Andrei Sharonov used several photos that remember all students: graduates' Skolkovo "photographed their children in the images of the future of professions:
Given the increase in life expectancy and later retirement, and a factor of 4, the technological revolution, it is necessary to understand that now have lifelong learning. This concept life-long learning.
Traditional educational trajectory single peak: one person received higher education up to 25 years. But now properly speak of trohpikovoy model because there is a second (30-55) and third (55+) working age. This does not apply to today's children and to us. Today, people for life in the average change 8 activities, not positions, and activities. We must be ready to move from one industry to another, you need to be prepared for lifelong learning.
Andrei Sharonov shared the story of his recent study "I recently attended INSEAD one small program: 3 modules for 8-10 days. We were in a group of 36 people from 16 countries. The oldest 61 years old, is the head of a global company from the Netherlands, and it was evident that this is not the last of his study. In general, after talking with other students, it became clear that these people are trained every year, and every three years rather serious separation from work. And it's part of the culture of many companies, this is non-negotiable issue: it is a rule, and tradition, and the possibility of further socialization. By the way, among them were civil servants».
As an example of the need to invest time in training Andrei Sharonov led touch typing: this method can increase print speed by 3-8 times, and you can learn a total of 3-4 hours, doing 15-20 minutes day. That is, in 9 days time savings begin to work with mail or documents.
Stages of development skills
Most of us know what skills we need, many even try to master them, but few turns. Why? It is important to understand how skills are formed and fixed.
Andrei Sharonov, used the example of riding a bicycle:
- First child to ride a 4-wheeled bicycle and thinks he knows how to ride. This is the stage unconscious incompetence.
- Then the child sees adults 2 wheels, and additional requests to remove the wheels from your bike. And after a few falls he realizes that he does not know how to drive. This is the stage conscious incompetence.
- After some effort, he ceases to fall, there is a skill cycling. But this process requires a lot of concentration, one can not at this time to relax and sometimes even talk It is a stage conscious competence.
- skill Regular use leads to the fact that man can not keep his hands on the steering wheel to talk on the phone, etc. This is the stage unconscious competence.
"Not all the skills we need at the level of unconscious competence. Often, you can stop at the third stage, we do not need to be able to do everything equally well. But if we understand that some skill we need, it is necessary to spend time, efforts, to achieve a first level of a medium, and then transfer it to the unconscious zone competence. "
3, the most important outcome of learning: knowledge, communication, enthusiasm
Education - an investment, we spend time, attention and money. Therefore, we must clearly understand that we get the output after the learning process. According to Andrei Sharonov, there are three most important learning outcome. «If they do not, I venture to suggest that this training is not complete», - said Andrei Sharonov.
- knowledge, skills and competence;
- "Environment", social capital, contacts (graduates of US business schools believe this is the most important result, not of knowledge);
- personal transformation and inspiration.
"An important component that still need to look for is personal transformation and inspiration. If you've got the knowledge and skills, excellent media and communication, but after that your behavior has changed, you are not trained. You are not trained! Any training should lead to the fact that you transform your behavior, you are changing. But that's not all. It is important to get inspiration, you somehow have to be willing to change not only themselves but also their surroundings. You must be boring, interesting. It is very important to think about these learning outcomes whenever pay the money and / or spend time to study. "
"Also, there are some positive externalities, as economists, which should occur as a new quality. It is a sport, new habits, energy, new meanings and mandatory translation of the company. "
4 types of modern energy manager
What can we do to make this personal transformation? CEO can be seen not only as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), but also as a Chief Energy Officer, ie Chief Executive Officer of energy the company is a leader, which causes us to be alive, interested, indifferent.
Therefore, the head of the company, city or region - the people who are responsible for the energy of the entire community.
Tony Schwartz highlights 4 type of energy:
- physical (This supply of "fuel" to move, think, etc.);
- emotional (This fuel quality, is positive or negative energy creation fracture energy);
- mental (This is our focus, focus on the problem of how we are here and now, about 65% of the time a person is not mentally in the process in which he apparently is involved);
- spiritual (This is most important, is the goal, why all this? for which we live and work?).
"There is a strong misconception that the ideal employee like either on the computer or on the conveyor. These are the symbols 2 and 3 of the industrial revolution, the symbols of the twentieth century. Therefore, many employers would like to see employees plowed as computers. This is nonsense! Man is fundamentally different. Man lives cycles: ascent - descent - recovery. If you think that is good that an employee who works 8 hours without getting up, then think about its effectiveness! How much more he could have done, if you give him a chance to rest, escape to another kind of activity, just close your eyes for 5-10 minutes. "
Here's the important sleep, food, sports.
10 tips to change himself from Andrei Sharonov
1. The first 90 minutes after waking up the most productive and efficientPsychic energy is the highest. Do not assign meaningless meetings, engaged in the most important and allow others to engage in the most important.
2. Check email 2-3 times a dayRather than drop everything as soon as you hear the notification of an incoming email. Psychologists are 4 main reasons for this behavior:
- I write, therefore I needed someone;
- serving of dopamine (the brain "puts a tick" that the answer to the letter, you make a deal, even if the answer consisted of two letters - OK);
- fear of accumulation (do not answer now, the evening will be a pile of letters);
- subconscious search for a pretext to distract from the important, it is a form of procrastination.
3.Multitasking does not exist. "It is wrong to compare the human brain with a computer, but if you do it, then the person a small memory and only one processor. At any given moment you do just one thing. By switching between the cases, you are wasting time and resources on "podgruzhenny" data. If you sit and deeply immersed in some text, and then looked up to a working TV at least 5 seconds, you will need 5 to 25 minutes to re-immerse themselves in the text on the previous level. This is the price of switching attention. All multitasking - is a deceptive thing, it is necessary to abandon the temptation and read without a TV, for example. "
4. Important VS urgent. It is necessary to separate the important and urgent. If you take up the urgent, the importance is not enough time, energy, etc. Arriving at work, first held important, while there are forces. First there will be a blockage with an urgent, but the situation gradually improves.
5. Rule "1 meeting». When you communicate with a person's eye and looking at mobile phone, you give him a very strong message: you are not worthy of all my attention. That's what can and, by and large, and must accept your distraction on your mobile companion. Here think, would you like this, dealing with the boss, colleague, partner, student?
6.Rituals / nervous energy. "Why does a person is very difficult to learn new skills? The answer is quite simple: the new rituals require, first, the refusal of the old rituals, habits. It is very difficult. For example, in those sports where the essential equipment (soccer, tennis), the coaches are much more willing to work with those who do not have any skills than those who do wrong-established skills.
Secondly, we have a single supply of nervous energy. It can be spent on something to learn English, or something to fight the urge to eat chocolate. So you can not take calls at once 10 - can not handle, you lose.
But there are rituals that can help us get used to the new behavior with less power. For example, the collective trip to the gym, a promise to someone, etc. Let your challenge is not only to your business. "
7. Reflection / acquisition / assignment. Education - it's not just sitting behind a desk. A very important tool and form of learning is reflection. As an example, Andrei Sharonov led a task that is performed during the training time in business school INSEAD: one of instructors began training with the fact that he asked each student to write down 5-6 things that he knew within 5 minutes or I did the day before. Then within 5 minutes there was a discussion in small groups of 6 people. Then each group of 2-3 voiced thesis, not to be repeated with the other.
"As a result, for 15-20 minutes in my notebook appear 10-12 points of what I did or did not do (what sorry). Sometimes the result looks pretty banal, but sometimes you're faced with some kind of "overshadowing". You suddenly realize that this thing that's very important, it is important not only today, but in general for the work or life. You begin to mentally try this discovery for himself, for his life, pereformuliruesh this discovery for themselves, it assigns information».
8. Externalization of thought. This is an important technique of using paper or board during the thought process. Since humans have very little memory when you ponder over a problem and you get some idea, write it down immediately before the evaluation phase. This is one of the rules of brainstorming.
9. Be more aware. This means, for example, does not shift the responsibility for your life on someone or circumstances. In particular, he referred to the book «Busy», which has not yet been translated into Russian (probably talking about this book).
“Our chronic employment - this is our cowardice. This is our cowardice when we ourselves are afraid to admit that we do everything and a lot, because we are afraid to do important. We've been engaged in urgent, and it is sad“.
10. Sports, sports and more sports again. Andrei Sharonov assured the audience that the whole life goes in for sports. First it was football, then the tennis. Now he enjoys long-distance running, behind him a few, even a half-marathon and marathon.
"Why I touched on the topic of sport, physical condition threads, threads of feeling. When I speak, including his friends, about the sport, they begin to feel sorry for me: thin, can not afford to drink too much, or eat something. I suddenly realized that they view the situation only as a set of deprivation that I myself, here is a fool, and deprived himself took heaps of earthly pleasures. I began to think it's true or not. I found the answer: I changed my joy! And I think that those of joy that I get from today's lifestyle, I am attracted more than those that have been before. "
As an illustration of the theme of sports Andrei Sharonov gave the example of their colleagues Victor Malakhov and Valeria Merkulova. Victor, e.g., weighed 143 kg, but began training and 2.5 years overcome distance IronMan: 3,8 km swimming, cycling 180 km and 42.2 km run.
Sports that require patience, endurance, helps not only physical condition, but also to accumulate, to bring psychic energy. This is very similar to meditation and the effect of deferred pleasure.
Psychic energy is universal: if you have the patience to run some distance, when no one behind you is driving, then you find it easier to learn another foreign language, get a third degree or do a lot of other important things that are associated with personal transformation and the costs of mental energy. "
5 most common regrets before dying
In conclusion, Andrei Sharonov told about Armor Ware, a nurse from Australia, which for several years caring for patients in the last 12 weeks of their lives. She recorded their dying revelation in his blog, and then wrote a book called «The Top Five Regrets of the Dying» ( «Five major regrets of the dying"). The lecturer cited the 5 regrets.
Prepared by Maxim Grevtsev
A source: kantiana.ru
👉Podpisyvaytes on Instagram Zozhnika: the best article in a convenient format @zozhnik_ru
Read also on Zozhnike:
Instructions: how without super efforts to acquire healthy habits
Universal guide to achieve anything
As expectations hinder us to achieve the desired
15 important things about a healthy lifestyle, we have learned over the past 5 years
Bought - did not eat: the ease of will instead of willpower
The myth of the self-control: researchers urge not to overestimate the strength of will
Tell A Friend:
9Maxim CoudertThursday, 06/27/2019