The good thing about iPhones is that their obsolescence process lasts much longer than any Android smartphone.
The reason is that Apple still supports older models in terms of releasing updates to the iOS operating system. At the moment, the current version of iOS is 14th, we will not consider beta 15th here. According to the official website, 14 is supported on the following devices:
We do not look at the first list, but look at the bottom one. In fact, even the 6S is Apple's hottest smartphone in 2021. But this does not mean that you can buy it.
If you have already decided to buy a used iPhone, then the minimum models are: iPhone 7, 7Plus or iPhone SE (2nd generation). I currently have an iPhone 7 and it has already started to slow down a little after the last update.
Yes, it will definitely work for another year or two, but if you take it now, it's better to pay attention to the classic iPhone 8. I have been using this model since its release (in 2017) and have no complaints about it.
The 6-core Apple A11 Bionic processor works quite fast even on the latest version of iOs, and 2 gigabytes of memory is enough for all applications, including their simultaneous work. And most importantly, there is NFC - you can pay in a store without a card by attaching a smartphone.
I think the 8 will work without any complaints for a couple of years for sure.
What to look for when buying a used iPhone?
1. Completeness. It is desirable that the seller has a box, check, headphones. So that the smartphone does not exactly seem stolen.
2. The appearance of the device. It is advisable that the former owner uses the gadget in a protective bumper, and glass is glued to the display. Examine the sides of your smartphone for chips and scratches.
3. Pay attention to the display - if there are any microcracks on it. The screen is glass, so if there are cracks, they can come apart. Also check the display response - it should be instantaneous and across the entire screen.
4. A disease of old iPhones is display fading in the corners. Better not to take such a gadget.
5. Check the charging socket carefully. Also a sore spot: if the charging goes off, the phone does not see it, then it is better to look for another option.
6. You also need to check: speaker, microphone (make a call, record a video with sound). My iPhone got jammed twice. Check the camera for any rudiments when shooting video / photos.
7. In the settings in the "Battery" section, you can see the battery life:
8. Well, the most important thing is that the former owner must unlink his AppleID from the smartphone with you, and you need to enter your data or register a new account.
Conclusion: you can buy iPhone 7, 7Plus, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, 8Plus. And of course all the higher-level models.
Read on: How to choose a used smartphone and what to look for
My site | My YouTube channel | Click "Like" if it was useful and interesting!