Hello friends! I found an email stating that I was approved for $ 1.5 million. The money is huge, but what are these letters of happiness? I will try to explain.
I occasionally look in my spam folder in my mail for new scams. And so I find just a bunch of letters with almost identical content. And most of them are about the same thing. There was, of course, an unusual letter (I wrote about it 2 weeks ago, the link will be at the end of the article), but it had the same meaning.
What's in the letter?
This is how the whole letter looks like, I will not show all the contact details. Suddenly someone would think to write to them:
You don't have to look at the amounts. Fraudsters write large amounts, but not so huge that a person does not have the idea of fraud. Although I don’t understand what sane person would believe that they would just give him $ 1000, let alone $ 1.5 million, and it’s even strange to say. Anyway. It is worth noting that all letters are received in English.
And the main joke is that one of these letters was registered to Yandex mail. That is, you already understand that these are ordinary scammers from the CIS who hide behind government structures and other foreign funds.
What is the meaning of such a scheme?
Not a bad working scheme for building a database of gullible people. As such, money will not be stolen from you (in the best case). But schemes like "here's a lot of money, send your data" works very well. For example, this letter asked for a phone number and address.
After all, how can a typical person think - well, data is not money, suddenly they will really send a couple of million dollars.
But no! After that, you will be taken to a bunch of bases, where you will be called from everywhere according to the already familiar schemes. And here you can be "shod" in full.
What I did and a couple of tips
Of course, I immediately delete such letters. But before that, I always talk on my channel. After all, thanks to this, I can protect many people from losing money. And here are some tips for you.
- Create multiple email boxes. Some for registrations on various not very important sites, and another important work that you shine only in very rare cases (registration on state websites, to communicate with relatives and customers).
- Be sure to tell gullible acquaintances, elderly relatives and other vulnerable groups of people that no one gives out money just like that, no data needs to be sent to anyone, and even more so.
Hope this article was helpful to you. All the best!
- The scammers started calling me from 9-00. Know my name and introduce themselves as Sberbank
- Scammers inundated with calls after shopping on the Internet
- "This case is being processed and monitored by the FBI" - a letter from scammers came to the mail