Hello friends! The firewall in Windows is a rather complicated thing for uninitiated users. It is rare that anyone looks into it in principle and sometimes it is simply necessary to reset all settings.
Why do you need to reset your settings?
Various programs, tweakers, etc. can change the firewall settings and block themselves or other elements of the system from exchanging with the Internet. Often this does not cause any problems. But sometimes problems still arise, then the best solution is to completely reset the firewall settings. In general, cases are different and if necessary, then necessary.
How to do it?
This can be achieved in two ways. Through the usual settings and through the console. Choose for yourself what is closer to you.
- Settings"—"Update and Security"—"Windows Security"
- Click "Firewall and Network Protection"
- At the bottom, click "Restore for firewalls ..."
- In the window that opens, click "Restore Defaults" and confirm the reset.
Through the console:
- Right click on start and run command prompt. Just choose the one that runs with admin rights
- And then enter the command netsh advfirewall reset
With these simple steps, you can easily get rid of unnecessary settings and restore the built-in firewall to its factory default.