The material for the insulation of walls and other surfaces is a foamed polyurethane. It resembles assembly foam and is widely used as a thermal insulator. Its advantage is the high rate of solidification. The polyurethane foam is sprayed onto the surface through a spray with compressed air produced by the compressor.
At the exit of the gun assembly is formed fine fraction which rests on the surface to be treated even in thin layers. Then he quickly grows in size. Because of this, it creates a monolithic insulate cover.
Advantages of synthetic insulation material
Insulation polyurethane foam exhibits the following advantages as compared to other insulating materials:
- Low thermal conductivity.
- High waterproofing properties.
- Perfect sound insulation characteristics.
- Resistance to chemicals, acids and alkalis.
- Easy to tolerate any negative and positive temperature.
- Withstand high mechanical loads.
additional advantages polyurethane foam insulation:
- Light weight. M³ foam mass 1 is 50 kg. Due to this, the material used for thermal insulation even dilapidated houses. He did not have a serious load.
- Firm grip on any surface. Wooden wall can withstand a half kilograms of substance per 1 cm² and concrete - 2.5 kg. This figure confirms the strong adhesion of liquid foam which rapidly becomes solid.
- Ease of spraying. For this work, experience and knowledge is required. I need a machine.
- Vapor permeability and water repellency. After curing the polyurethane foam forms a continuous monolithic cover joints and without microcracks. Therefore this synthetic insulation does not absorb water and does not pass entirely vapor. Products with such a coating can even be immersed in water.
- Versatility. Polyurethane foam can be covered with any surface, no matter what shape it is.
- Durability. This insulation refers to a group of chemically resistant materials. Its service life is designed for 30 years.
- Ability to deposition on any surface. The cured polyurethane foam does not break off and does not slip.
- Around the object formed seamless sheathDo not miss the cold air into the building.
- The lack of "thermal bridges". This phenomenon is produced in locations batten arrangement, which is not at warming polyurethane foam.
outs polyurethane foam insulation They are:
- Emission of toxic substances when burning.
- The material does not tolerate UV radiation.
- Low bearing capacity.
Compared to polyurethane foam, polystyrene foam is significantly restricted in terms of functionality, since it can be used only for thermal insulation of flat surfaces. This material is not insulated inner walls, air ducts, tubes and the surface, which are complex geometric shapes.
This insulation is obtained by mixing the polymers - polizotsionata and polyol. They go through special equipment and froth. Ready mix under high pressure is supplied to the atomizer. After the procedure, with polyurethane foam insulation, it is rapidly increasing in volume. Insulation fills all voids, cracks and crevices. Thus formed seamless but smooth coating. Because the material is rapidly converted into the solid state, it is necessary to work quickly. It has a robust coupling with any building material.
House, insulated with polyurethane foam, can be considered permanently protected from the street sounds. This is possible thanks to the perfect sound insulation qualities. The elements of metal, coated with this material, is not subjected to corrosion for several decades. Application of synthetic insulation possible on all surfaces, even with complex configuration. Carved details, too, do not become a hindrance. Insulate objects irregular shapes tiled insulating materials is quite impossible.
Polyurethane foam has improved resistance to open flame. Combustion is possible only at a temperature of 500ºC. However, thanks to a special component, a part of the synthetic insulation, fire damping occurs by itself.
Due to the low weight of polyurethane, it can be applied to any structure, even with the thinnest foundation. In addition, the frozen layer of heat insulating material attached to the walls added strength.
Summarizing, we can conclude that the one who has at his disposal the necessary equipment, can insulate any surface fast enough. Two-storey house covered with heat insulation material in two days. No need for additional application of the vapor barrier films.
Subscribe to our RSS feed, place Like, if you like the article and write comments! Share with your friends on social networks!We also invite you to visit our website, https://makita-magazin.ru/ where you can find a large number of power tools and equipment for the repair and construction!