To date, the domestic construction market offers a huge number of different finishing materials. With the right approach you can easily find something that is really needed. In any case, the main thing - to have sensible thoughts, interesting idea, which could be in the future to implement.
Today more and more attention is paid to the ceiling. It is made outboard, tension, painted virtually any material. Whether it's wood or Plexiglas, on the whole it does not matter.
What today is particularly popular in the design of the ceiling?
Among the materials used palm should give polystyrene plates with a number of valuable benefits to date. Finishing the ceiling panels Styrofoam surpasses both traditional whitewash, firmly entrenched in us from the Soviet era, and various innovations (gypsum board, Plexiglas, etc..).
What can I say about the merits and demerits of polystyrene plates?
- Are not only resistant to water but also to various other compounds (lime, gypsum, salt solutions, acids, alkalis).
- Care process does not cause any problems. You can use almost any detergents.
- Do not carry a risk to the health of others, it is completely environmentally friendly.
- Have high levels of acoustic and thermal insulation.
- Are not exposed to a variety of biologically active organisms (molds).
- They can be installed quickly. Material pretty plastic.
- Have a low price. For fiscal employee a suitable alternative.
- Favorably carries exposure to high temperatures.
- Under the sunlight does not lose its color.
- Harmoniously hide irregularities in the ceiling.
- It impairs the air in the room. Therefore, its use in a small space is extremely undesirable.
- Bear in mind that at a temperature above 80 ° C tile collapses, melts.
As you can see, a number of advantages downright frightening. Generally, Polystyrene plates - this is really what we need.
Specifics of polystyrene plates
Produce polystyrene plates on the basis of the ordinary foam. In view of such characteristics, as will sound and heat insulation, as well as hygienic and attractive appearance, the material can be found in the finishing and decoration. Foam everywhere will find application.
further, under ceiling foam we mean polystyrene plates.
To date, the production of insulation boards is focused on two areas: stamping and extrusion. This classification often causes problems for the consumer, it's not always possible to take the most appropriate solution. Though finishing the ceiling panels - a process which does not fundamentally change your situation, and then in that case, you can It will make the necessary corrections, but nevertheless it should be understood that further amendments do not cost you a small blood. Therefore, the process of buying should fit properly. So, a little moved away from the obvious question. Let's Let us examine in more detail what constitutes a pressing and extrusion.
- Stamping is a process of squeezing (compacting) of polystyrene plates, thereby forming a necessary picture on the surface.
Fed on the conveyor already produced material in plate form with a touch of white. Typically, they are covered with a special protective coating in film form or reconstituted substance (latex paint). Advantages of the method of forming, primarily in the durability and availability of the obtained products.
The extrusion process is based on the use of high temperatures, under which the material is melted. Subsequently, in a viscous form is placed in a special tape having a porous structure. It is at this stage the foam and gaining the necessary strength. At the final stage of manufacturing the material is subjected to thermal vacuum treatment, resulting in a finished product takes tiled form. And to give the desired shade of polystyrene plates, it adds some paint pigments.
How to avoid common mistakes in selecting a tile?
Do not make hasty decisions when choosing one or the other tiles. Some details may generate you the wrong judgment. Even worse, when this has contributed to far from the truth council "qualified" specialist. So how do you do in such a case, as it happens at the finish of the ceiling panels of professionals?
All that is needed is to learn a few, can not be "golden", but well-founded rules.
- Most often the sympathy of many buyers wins ekstrudivarovannaya tiles. And this is the explanation. It is smooth and has a raised pattern, its surface shiny. But this element is not suitable for every interior, because the ceiling is very much stand out from the rest. Another thing - tiles, the resulting stamping. Practical, in some degree of compromise. At least it does not carry an excessive obsession and catchiness.
- By setting the extruded tile is worth remembering that the ceiling will be visible seams of materials. It needs to perform additional work on their decoration. What can be said about the pressed tile. Its installation is accompanied by a flawed, at least the harmony of the picture is not distorted in any way.
- Note also that the laminated tiles, though different moisture resistance, but it has one major drawback - to paint it you will not succeed. This is due to the fact that the surface of such a tile is not able to interact with the paint pigments.
- The optimal variant specialists called foam film, presented in the form of tiles pressed with a protective film-coating. Among the advantages it is worth noting a glossy finish, durability, strength, retains its color for a long time.
What is the installation of insulation boards?
Polystyrene plate does not need some features of the approach. Finishing the ceiling panels under the force of almost everyone. It is enough to learn some of the principles.
- Perform cleanup base (ceiling) of the old paint, whitewash, cobwebs and peeling. If there is a fungus, you should immediately remove it using the respective substances.
- Then produce primer surface.
- Further, before proceeding with the installation polystyrene plates, you must mark the surface of the base: check the level, the lines are parallel, and the ratio of the angles of the ceiling.
- Experienced masters recommend to stick the tiles on pre-stretched string. This measure will prevent the formation of what some defects: uneven ceiling paintings, not the density of the joints. In practice, as is well-proven installation panels diagonally. The main principle of this technology - to put tile, connecting the adjacent side. Start work, as a rule, pleasing angle.
Even some of the nuances
- Polystyrene tiles the most convenient to cut with a razor or knife.
- Installing the tiles takes place on a special adhesive that are distributed around the wrong side of the perimeter. With direct EPS laying tile adhesive can act on the front side. In this case, in order to avoid the formation of spots, you should immediately delete it.
Now the construction industry is not standing still and is actively developing. New materials and will flood the markets, causing some confusion and bewilderment among many consumers. But despite this, confidently hold their positions polystyrene plates, and finishing the ceiling panels It remains relevant for many who want to trivial issue its premises.